منتدى عشاق التطوير
لتتمكن من الإستمتاع بكافة ما يوفره لك هذا المنتدى من خصائص, يجب عليك أن تسجل الدخول الى حسابك في المنتدى. إن لم يكن لديك حساب بعد, نتشرف بدعوتك لإنشائه.

انضم إلى المنتدى ، فالأمر سريع وسهل

منتدى عشاق التطوير
لتتمكن من الإستمتاع بكافة ما يوفره لك هذا المنتدى من خصائص, يجب عليك أن تسجل الدخول الى حسابك في المنتدى. إن لم يكن لديك حساب بعد, نتشرف بدعوتك لإنشائه.
منتدى عشاق التطوير
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

اذهب الى الأسفل
vandam
vandam
...::|مشرف عـام |::...

...::|مشرف عـام |::...
ذكر عدد المساهمات : 2538
السٌّمعَة : 10
تاريخ التسجيل : 19/07/2011

Exercises : borrow/lend Empty Exercises : borrow/lend

الإثنين مارس 11, 2013 6:24 am
<div align="center"><font face="simplified arabic" size="4"><span style="margin: 2px; float: left; width: 301px;"> </span></font></div><div style="min-height:"><div align="left"><font face="simplified arabic" size="4"><br><span class="copyright">الموضوع الأصلى من هنا: English4arab <a href="http://adf.ly/330861/http://www.english4arab.net/vb/t3407-post36702.html">http://www.pubd3m.com/f11-montadat3407-post36702.html</a></span><br>The difference between lend and borrow is the following.<br><br> Lend means to give something and borrow means to take something.<br><br> For example:<br><br> Could you give me some money, please? / Could you lend me some money, please?<br>She took some money from me. / She borrowed some money from me.<br><br><br><br><br> Borrow, Lend<br> What's the difference between borrow and lend?<br><br><br> Borrow<br><br> Borrow means to take something from someone, with permission and with the intention of giving it back. The past participle is borrowed.<br><br> Can I borrow the car?<br><br> You can borrow a pen from him.<br><br> I need to borrow some money.<br><br> What happened to the books I borrowed from the library?<br><br><br> Lend<br><br> Lend is just the opposite - it means to give something to something, with the expectation that s/he will return it. The past participle is lent.<br><br> Yes, I'll lend you the car.<br><br> He'll be happy to lend you a pen.<br><br> I can't afford to lend you any money.<br><br> The library lent me those books three weeks ago.<br><br> Lend can also be used figuratively, to mean to contribute, impart, or offer:<br><br> The yellow wall will lend a feeling of warmth.<br><br> Your story lends itself to numerous interpretations.<br><br><br><br> The Bottom Line<br><br> Borrow means "to take," while lend mean "to give." If you continue to have trouble with this, try substituting "take" for borrow and "give" for lend - the correct word will immediately be clear.<br><br> You can only borrow something from someone: Lend me a pen is correct, "Borrow me a pen" is not. (Just as "give me a pen" is right, but "take me a pen" isn't.)<br><br><br><br> Q1 - Could you ____ me some money until the weekend, please?<br> borrow<br>lend<br><br><br> Q2 - I must take back the books I ____ from the library.<br> lent<br>borrowed<br><br><br> Q3 - Could I ____ your phone? My battery's dead.<br> lend<br>borrow<br><br> Q4 - Who did you ____ it from?<br> borrow<br>lend<br><br><br> Q5 - Who did you ____ it to?<br> lend<br>borrow<br><br><br> Q6 - She asked me if she could ____ my camera for the party.<br> lend<br>borrow<br><br><br> Q7 - She never paid me back the money she ____ off me.<br> lent<br>borrowed<br><br> <span class="copyright">الموضوع الأصلى من هنا: English4arab <a href="http://adf.ly/330861/http://www.english4arab.net/vb/t3407-post36702.html">http://www.pubd3m.com/f11-montadashowthread.php?p=36702</a></span><br><br> Q8 - He ____ me his car for the weekend.<br> lent<br>borrowed<br><br><br> Q9 - It's raining- could I ____ an umbrella?<br> lend<br>borrow<br><br><br> Q10 - The bank ____ them the money to buy it.<br> lent<br>borrowed<br><br><br><br><br><br><br> 1. Could you _______ me some money, please? (borrow / lend)<br> 2. Some pupils can ______ books from their school. (borrow / lend)<br> 3. Will you ________ me your umbrella till tomorrow? (borrow / lend)<br> 4. Should I _________ him my football? (borrow / lend)<br> 5. You may ________ my bike, but be careful. (borrow / lend)<br> 6. Could I _______ your cup? (borrow / lend)<br> 7. You can ________ your book to Steve. (borrow / lend)<br> 8. Why do students ______ so much money from their parents? (borrow / lend)<br> 9. Peter won't ______ his car to anyone. (borrow / lend)<br> 10. Will your mother ______ you some money? (borrow / lend)<br> 11. In the UK people ________ money from banks and building-societies. (borrow / lend)<br>12. If I could _________________ your cookbook, I'll bake you a cake. (borrow / lend)<br><br><br><br> 1) Sometimes Dad ______________ me his car for the weekend. (borrows / lends)<br><br><br> 2) Could I ______________ your calculator, please? (lend / borrow)<br><br> 3. Could you ______________ me your calculator, please? (lend / borrow)<br><br> 4. You wouldn't ______________ me a 1000 Baht, would you? (borrow / lend)<br><br> 5. Mr Baker was always ______________ money off people. (lending / borrowing)<br><br> borrow from / borrow off - is Non Standard<br><br> 6. Has someone ______________ my stapler without asking? (lent / borrowed)<br><br> 7. Mum offered to ______________ us some money toward a new car (lend / borrow) .<br><br> 8. After I got caught in the rain, Clare ______________ me some dry clothes. (borrowed / lent)<br><br> 9. Don't ______________ him the money. He should ask the bank, not you. (borrow / lend)<br><br> 10. She never gave me back the 100 Euros she ______________ off me. (borrowed / lent)<br><br> 11. Jason asked me if he could ______________ my camera but I said no. (borrow / lend)<br><br> 12. Can I ______________ your mobile for a minute, please? (borrow / lend)<br><br> 13. If you ________ too much money from the bank, you won't be able to return it. (lend / borrow)<br><br> 14. John has to pay his bills, but he needs to ________ some money. (lend / borrow)<br><br> 15. He owes a lot of money. Last year he _________ from three banks. (borrowed / lent)<br><br> 16. Can you please _________ me your keys? I need to get inside the building. (borrow / lend)<br><br> 17. I don't have a pen. I need to ___________ one. (lend / borrow)<br><br> 18. If I can __________ your cookbook, I'll be able to fix dinner tonight. (borrow / lend)<br><br> 20. Can I _________ some money from you? (lend / borrow)<br><br> Remember: borrow from...lend to.<br><br> 21. Can you please ________ me a pen? I left mine at home. (borrow / lend)<br><br> 22. My sister _________ my skirt and she never gave it back. (lent / borrowed)<br><br> 23. I ___________ a drill from my neighbour because I needed one. (borrowed / lent)<br><br> 24. If you can ________ me your cookbook, I'll be able to cook dinner tonight. (borrow / lend)<br><br> Not the same sentence as 18 - careful<br><br> 25. I have to return the books I _________ from the library. (borrowed / lent)<br><br> 26. My sister _______ me her computer and now I have to return it. (lent / borrowed)<br><br> 27. Would you like to __________ this list of words until tomorrow? (lend / borrow)<br><br> 28. I can't ___________ you my dictionary. I need to use it now. (borrow / lend)<br><br> 29. This book isn't mine. Did you __________ it to me? (lend / borrow)<br><br> 30. People __________ money from banks. (lend / borrow)<br><br> 31. If you ___________ me your car, I'll be able to go to work. (lend / borrow)<br><br> 32. Can I ________ your watch for a few minutes? I left mine at home. (borrow / lend)<br><br> 33. Banks ________ money to people. (borrow / lend)</font></div></div>
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة
صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى