منتدى عشاق التطوير
لتتمكن من الإستمتاع بكافة ما يوفره لك هذا المنتدى من خصائص, يجب عليك أن تسجل الدخول الى حسابك في المنتدى. إن لم يكن لديك حساب بعد, نتشرف بدعوتك لإنشائه.

انضم إلى المنتدى ، فالأمر سريع وسهل

منتدى عشاق التطوير
لتتمكن من الإستمتاع بكافة ما يوفره لك هذا المنتدى من خصائص, يجب عليك أن تسجل الدخول الى حسابك في المنتدى. إن لم يكن لديك حساب بعد, نتشرف بدعوتك لإنشائه.
منتدى عشاق التطوير
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

اذهب الى الأسفل
vandam
vandam
...::|مشرف عـام |::...

...::|مشرف عـام |::...
ذكر عدد المساهمات : 2538
السٌّمعَة : 10
تاريخ التسجيل : 19/07/2011

Informal Contractions Empty Informal Contractions

السبت مارس 09, 2013 6:16 pm
<div align="center"><font face="simplified arabic" size="4"><span style="margin: 2px; float: left; width: 301px;"> </span></font></div><div style="min-height:"><font face="simplified arabic" size="4"><strong>Informal Contractions</strong><br><br> English learners are often puzzled by expressions like GONNA or WANNA that they often hear in movies or perhaps read in comic strips. If they look up these expressions in a dictionary, they may not find them, which increases the puzzlement even further.<br> In fact, these expressions do exist and can be found in good (big) dictionaries. They are "informal contractions" or short forms of other words that people use when speaking casually. They are not exactly slang, but they are a little like slang.<br> For example, GONNA is a short form of "going to". If you say "going to" very fast, without carefully pronouncing each word, it can sound like "gonna".<br> Here are some of the most common informal contractions, with example sentences:<br><br> GIMME = give me</font><ul><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Gimme your money.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Don't gimme that rubbish.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Can you gimme a hand?</font></li></ul><p><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">GONNA = going to</font></p><ul><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Nothing's gonna change my love for you.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">I'm not gonna tell you.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">What are you gonna do?</font></li></ul><p><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">GOTTA = (have) got a</font></p><ul><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">I've gotta gun.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">I gotta gun.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">She hasn't gotta penny.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Have you gotta car?</font></li></ul><p><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">GOTTA = (have) got to I've gotta go now.</font></p><ul><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">I gotta go now.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">We haven't gotta do that.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Have they gotta work?</font></li></ul><p><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">INIT = isn't it</font></p><ul><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">That's smart, init?</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Init strange?</font></li></ul><p><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">KINDA = kind of</font></p><ul><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">She's kinda cute.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Are you kinda mad at me?</font></li></ul><p><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">LEMME = let me</font></p><ul><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Lemme go!</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">He didn't lemme see it.</font></li></ul><p><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">WANNA = want to</font></p><ul><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">I wanna go home.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">I don't wanna go.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Do you wanna watch TV?</font></li></ul><p><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">WANNA = want a</font></p><ul><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">I wanna coffee.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">I don't wanna thing from you.</font></li><li><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Do you wanna beer?</font></li></ul><p><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Please remember that these are <strong>informal</strong> contractions. That means that we do not use them in "correct" speech, and we almost never use them in writing. (If you see them in writing, for example in a cartoon, that's because the written words represent the spoken words or dialogue.) We use them only when speaking fast and casually, for example with friends, and many careful speakers never use them.<br> <span class="copyright">الموضوع الأصلى من هنا: English4arab <a href="http://adf.ly/330861/http://www.english4arab.net/vb/t11218-post126862.html">http://www.pubd3m.com/f11-montadat11218-post126862.html</a></span><br>Also note that the sentences above may be rather artificial because when we use a contraction we may also use other contractions in the same sentence, or even drop some words completely. For example:</font></p><blockquote><font face="simplified arabic" size="4">Do you want a beer?<br>Do you wanna beer?<br>D'you wanna beer?<br>D'ya wanna beer?<br>Ya wanna beer?<br>Wanna beer?<br><br> I hope U like it :)<br>hnoof<br>:) :)<br></font></blockquote></div>
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة
صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى