منتدى عشاق التطوير
لتتمكن من الإستمتاع بكافة ما يوفره لك هذا المنتدى من خصائص, يجب عليك أن تسجل الدخول الى حسابك في المنتدى. إن لم يكن لديك حساب بعد, نتشرف بدعوتك لإنشائه.

انضم إلى المنتدى ، فالأمر سريع وسهل

منتدى عشاق التطوير
لتتمكن من الإستمتاع بكافة ما يوفره لك هذا المنتدى من خصائص, يجب عليك أن تسجل الدخول الى حسابك في المنتدى. إن لم يكن لديك حساب بعد, نتشرف بدعوتك لإنشائه.
منتدى عشاق التطوير
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

اذهب الى الأسفل
vandam
vandam
...::|مشرف عـام |::...

...::|مشرف عـام |::...
ذكر عدد المساهمات : 2538
السٌّمعَة : 10
تاريخ التسجيل : 19/07/2011

although, even though, despite, in spite of Empty although, even though, despite, in spite of

السبت مارس 09, 2013 6:12 pm
<div align="center"><font face="simplified arabic" size="4"><span style="margin: 2px; float: left; width: 301px;"> </span></font></div><div style="min-height:"><font face="simplified arabic" size="4"><strong><a href="http://adf.ly/330861/http://gmat-grammar.blogspot.com/2006/06/although-vs-though-vs-even-though.html" onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'gmat-grammar.blogspot.com', '/2006/06/although-vs-though-vs-even-though.html']);" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"><font color="#000066">Although vs Though vs Even though</font></a></strong><br><br> <strong><em><font color="#000066">Although</font> - <font color="red">linking word - expresses the idea of contrast</font>.</em></strong><br><br> <strong><em>e.g - <font color="#6600CC">Although <font color="purple">Ali</font></font> <font color="#660000">has a car, he doesn't often drives it.</font></em></strong><br><br> <span class="copyright">الموضوع الأصلى من هنا: English4arab <a href="http://adf.ly/330861/http://www.english4arab.net/vb/t13957-post154607.html">http://www.pubd3m.com/f11-montadat13957-post154607.html</a></span><br> <strong><em>The clause with although can come at the end.</em></strong><br><br> <strong><em>e.g - <font color="#6600CC">Although</font> <font color="#660000">the cafe was crowded, we found a table</font>. OR <font color="#660000">We found a table, <font color="#6600CC">although</font> the cafe was crowded.</font></em></strong><br><br> <strong><em><font color="#660000">.....................................</font></em></strong><br><br><br> <strong><em><font color="#000066">Though</font> - <font color="red">is informal. It means the same as although</font>.</em></strong><br><br> <strong><em>e.g - <font color="#6600CC">Though / Although</font> <font color="#660000">I liked the sweater, I decided not to buy it.</font></em></strong><br><br> <strong><em>We can use though at the end of a sentence.</em></strong><br><br> <strong><em>e.g - <font color="#660000">I liked the sweater. I decided not to buy it,</font> <font color="#6600CC">though.</font></em></strong><br><br> <strong><em><font color="#000066">Even though</font> - is stronger, more emphatic than although.</em></strong><br><br> <strong><em>e.g -</em></strong><br><br> <strong><em>1). <font color="#660000">Ram looked quite fresh, <font color="#6600CC">even though</font> he'd been playing cricket.</font></em></strong><br><br> <strong><em>2). <font color="#6600CC">Even though</font> <font color="#660000">you dislike Sanya, you should try to be nice to her.</font></em></strong><br><br> <strong><em><font color="#FF0000">Note - We can use in spite of the fact (that) in the same way as although.</font></em></strong><br><br> <strong><em>e.g -</em></strong><br><br> <strong><em><font color="#660000">I'm no better, <font color="#6600CC">although</font> I've taken the pills.</font></em></strong><br><br> <strong><em><font color="#660000"><font color="#000000">OR</font></font></em></strong><br><br> <strong><em><font color="#660000">I'm no better <font color="#6600CC">in spite of the fact that</font> I've taken pills.</font></em></strong><br><br><br><br> <strong><em>Quick Tip -- Applicable most of the times but not always ...</em></strong><br> <strong><em><font color="#000099">Even though -- when the condition given is negative but the outcome/result is positive</font></em></strong><br><br> <strong><em>eg -- <font color="#006600">Even though Ram hadn't studied, he passed the exam.</font></em></strong><br> <strong><em><font color="#000099">Although -- when the condition given is positive but the outcome/result is negative</font></em></strong><br> <strong><em>eg -- <font color="#006600">Although Ram had studied very hard, he did not score well.<br></font></em></strong><br><br> <strong><em><font color="#006600"><u><font color="purple">more examples</font></u></font></em></strong><br><br> <strong><font color="#006600"><br>He decided to go, although I told him not to. ----<br><br> They won the war, although it cost them millions of lives. ----<br><br> Although he's only 12, David is taller than his mother ----<br><br> Although she's not officially our boss, she's in effective control of the office<br><br> Even though she hasn't really got the time, she still offered to help .----<br><br><br> Even though he's 86, he has excellent health ----<br><br> I still enjoyed the week despite the weather.<br><br> Despite its financial problems, the company is successful.----<br><br> Buses are still running, despite the snow. ----<br><br> Despite living in different countries, the two families have maintained close links.----<br> .<br><br> He was able to lead a normal life, despite the illness.----<br><br> He still loves her in spite of everything.----<br><br> In spite of the problems, he went on living. ----<br><br> They are very cheerful in spite of their colds. ----<br><br> In spite of her illness, James went to school. ----<br><br> I like my apartment a lot although it is quite small ----<br><br> I still enjoyed the picnic despite the weather. ----<br><br> He failed the test in spite of studying hard. ----<br><br> I won't go to the party even though I was invited ----<br><br> We went out despite the rain. ----.<br><br> Even though it was very Iate, he went on working. ----<br><br> Despite all our efforts , the authorities decided to close the school. ----<br><br> You can copy down my answers although I'm not sure they're right. ---- .<br></font></strong><br><br> <strong><font color="#006600"><font color="red">i h<font color="seagreen">o</font>pe y<font color="seagreen">o</font>u get the <font color="seagreen">l</font>ess<font color="seagreen">o</font>n</font></font></strong><br> <strong><font color="#006600"><font color="red">speci<font color="seagreen">al</font> th<font color="seagreen">a</font>nks f<font color="seagreen">o</font>r the pers<font color="seagreen">o</font>n wh<font color="seagreen">o</font> te<font color="seagreen">a</font>ch me this less<font color="seagreen">o</font>n</font><br></font></strong></font></div>
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة
صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى